TKD Software Advance Server 9.0.0 Release Announcement
Organizing and running a tournament has never been easier.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TKD Scoring Wi-Fi Releases July Updates
Jul 16th, 2016. Today, Taekwondo World start to enjoy for free the newly released server version of our most popular low cost Wireless Electronic Scoring Software.
Organizing and running a martial art tournament has never been easier than using our application designed for clubs, with Taekwondo clubs in mind and now made even better!
From the previous major release in 2015, we've worked hard especially to introduce new major features, extremely required by our users, as well as improving the existing software platform to enhance your experience as tournament organizer.
With this release of the new TKD Advance Server for Desktop we expand our tournament software platform into a new area of Tournament Management resolving another problem the organiser are facing in any event with more to come.
Starting with version 9.0, we offer a complete solution, you can use the TKD Advanced Scoring Server as a single and simple to use integrated solution that allow you to end-to-end organise and manage your divisions, players, games and as well as to score the matches.
The Tournament Management Workspace (the lates addition to our platform) will save the time you spend to register your players and organize your divisions and matches. This TKD Advance Scoring Server brings a number of UI improvements, code bug fixes and performance improvement and updates to the existing popular WiFi Scoring Server and is a recommended update for everyone running the earlier versions or Scoring Wi-Fi server.
The version 9.0.0 brings to you:
- The new Tournament Management Workspace With the introduction of Tournament Management Workspace, we removed the simple Players List module. Please note there is no migration for existing players list to the new module. The new module provides a simple option to import the players from a standard Excel file that makes the migration very smooth as well as preparing a new tournament, exporting the results and generating the draw. For more details please review the notes about 'Tournament Management Workspace'.
- Migrating from Java JDK 6 to the latest JDK 8.
- Improved Judge controllers connection response-time by a better use of the new Java NIO.
- Better UI usability.
- Review the space bar function for game stop/start; the new implementation has improvements and fixes for compatibility with more operating systems versions.
- Add a new menu item to the top-level toolbar menu for 'Players and Games Setup' workspace to avoid confusion.
The new menu option provided simple access to the new Games Management Software module that replace the previous version of the "Players List" screen.
In our previous release, in order to access the "Players List" setup screen, you had to click one of the players name in the score area.
In the new release we added the new top menu option and we remove the triggers from the main scoring panel.
The TKD Tournament Management Workspace
With the introduction of the new Tournament Management Workspace module, everything is made simple. Using the fully integration between existing Wireless Scoring and the new Management Workspace, you are just a mouse click away from starting your next tournament. .
This is a completely new module, a heavily requested component over the time by lots of users and now finally we are ready to release it public starting with this release.
We already know organising a tournament is a big challenge. So we decided to use our years of experience and history working with tournament organisers and everything we learned to produce a new effective tournament management software but also fully integrated with our scoring system to remove double data entry.
The new Management Module will help any tournament organiser to remove the paperwork and reduce the necessary time for organising a tournament. Our tournament platform will enable you to focus on the tournament not on data entry. The first version includes:
- organise the games devisions
- collect the tournament entries,
- generate the games schedule,
- generate a professional, simple to distribute and easy to display games draw,
- automatically saves the matches results during the tournament,
- allows you to import data from any other online registration system using simple EXCEL spreadsheet files,
- exports the players/games/results in a standard spreadsheet file format, that allows you to easily publish your results online or import the results in other management systems.
To find out more about the TKD Scoring WiFi, WiFi Referee for iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android and PC(Linux, Windows or IOS) or Scoring WiFi Server for Android please refer to the TKD Scoring WiFi website (http://www.scoring-wifi.com) and our earlier versions release notes.
TKD Scoring WiFi and TKD Management System is available for free and can be obtained in various binary formats from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tkdscoringwifi/files/ for any of the major operating systems available today including but not limited to OSX, Windows, Linux and UNIX systems supporting Java Runtime.
All other trademarks and copyrights referred to in this announcement are the property of their respective owners.